Friday, October 2, 2009

You Reap What You Sow

"For whatever a man sows, that and that only, he will also reap." - Galatians 6:7

We reap what we sow. How many times have we heard this? I can still hear my mom saying this to me! Of course, then is was in the context of bugging my brother and then crying to my mom when he'd give it right back to me : ) While we all know and understand this on one level or another when it comes to our actions, how many of us really know and understand this as it applies to our beliefs and mindset?

I've always understood this to mean, "be kind to others and they will be kind to you" sort of thing but upon reading this scripture recently, I suddenly gained a deeper understanding that this goes beyond just our actions. Our thoughts and beliefs also determine our outcomes. When our thoughts and beliefs are focused on the positive, we reap the positive. When we focus on the negative, we reap the negative. God is asking us to not only think about what we sow in terms of our actions, but also in terms of our beliefs and mindset. Proverbs 4:23 very clearly reminds us of this, "Be careful what you think; your life is shaped by your thoughts".

In order to truly experience and receive all the abundance and success God has planned for our lives, we need to cultivate a healthy, positive mindset. When we do, we'll most surely reap the rewards. Make a commitment today to work on your mindset and embrace your future with excitement and anticipation. Don't let your fears override your dreams. Believe anything is possible, take action in faith and get ready to experience the abundance that God has planned for you. How do I know this? The Bible tells us so!

No comments:

Post a Comment