Sunday, May 30, 2010

A Cat’s Tale

I was just listening to a talk by motivational speaker Wayne Dyer where he was explaining how our thoughts and our imaginations create our success and happiness. He shared a wonderful parable that really spoke to how success and happiness naturally follow us when we start imagining the life we feel called to live and move confidently towards that. The story begins:

There was a little kitten and an alley cat. They're out in the alley and the little kitten is chasing his tail round and round. The old alley cat comes up to him and says, "What are you doing?" The little kitten replies, "I've just returned from cat philosophy school and I learned two things; that the most important thing in a world for a cat is happiness and that it's located in my tail. And what I'm doing is chasing and chasing my tail and as soon as I get a hold of it, I will have a lock on eternal happiness."

The old alley cat looks at him and says, "You know, I didn't have the same benefits you did. I have been out in the alley always scratching for my food for thirteen years but it's funny, I've learned the same thing you did in school. I've learned that happiness is the most important thing in the world for a cat and indeed that it is located in my tail. "But", he said, "the only difference between you and I is that I've found that if I go about my business and live my life the way I want to, it follows after me where ever I go".


 

How true! We need to stop chasing after success and happiness and realize that when we focus on the life we feel called to lead, they will indeed follow.


 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment