Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Resisting the Process

I've been feeling very tired lately and not sure why. Business has been very good and I've just been brushing it off to some long work days lately. But as my tiredness continued, I was forced to step back and look deeper. What I learned was truly amazing.

I love to journal and decided to write about my tiredness. I wrote down everything I was feeling and the frustration of not having the energy and focus I so needed to get everything done. The answer that came back as I jotted down my thoughts was that resistance was the source of my tiredness. I immediately knew to what – ironically enough, hiring a design assistant to help me in my business! What flowed next was a powerful lesson for me and one that I want to share with you all.

I very clearly heard God say to me "For you spend much energy moving away from My purpose for you. The fight is what is draining you. Step into the process and your energy will return." Resistance to anything is draining. It takes so much more energy for us to resist something than to go with the direction we feel we are being led. Resistance takes a toll on our mindset as well as our physical health. We are all scared when presented with ideas or thoughts that create a vision of something bigger than we think we are or not within the scope of where we think we should be. The "who am I to think" mindset sets in and we start resisting all the opportunities that are laid before us to grow and fulfill our divine purpose. We may think we are maintaining the status quo when we don't take action but there is nothing further from the truth. When we resist, we start moving backwards. There is no such thing as standing still – the world is constantly in motion down to the smallest particle on this earth and we are no different. We are either growing or shrinking from who we are meant to be. When we resist, we are moving away from that divine path God has intended for us. If God has clearly pointed the direction and provided the next step, it is ours to take in trust and faith that God will continue to show the way and He will. He will not overburden us and will enable us to do all that He desires for us. He very clearly told me that He cannot give me any more until I take this next step because it will overburden me and that is not His way. Those words touched me deeply and opened my eyes to how I was actually standing in my own way.

God has so much to give all of us. He sees many steps beyond where we are at right now and knows the great potential that lies within all of us. We just need to trust and have the courage to step forward in faith.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future." – Jeremiah 29:11

No comments:

Post a Comment