Thursday, April 19, 2012

The Beauty of Space

I love this time of year – my favorite! Everything is in bloom and all the colors are just so wonderful and energizing. My container pots and planters are filled with pansies and absolutely bursting with gorgeous color right now which definitely hasn't been the case in prior years. Each year, I make the trek to the nursery, buy the tiny pansies and then come home and overfill the containers because I want instant color. I'm not patient enough to plant the recommended distance apart and sure enough, they usually die very early on in the season because they just have no more room to grow. This year I decided to take a different approach and plant them spaced apart. They looked so lost in the beginning, these tiny single pansies overwhelmed by the size of each container and I truly did have to fight the urge to add more in! But this morning as I looked out to admire their color, I realized just how incredibly beautiful they are this year! Each container is overflowing with big colorful blooms and looks so healthy. By giving them their much needed space to grow, their true potential and beauty came through. It dawned on me that there is probably a life lesson here.

How many times are we impatient and want immediate results? We don't allow the space or trust for God to work His magic. Instead, we press for the results and often get frustrated or feel like we've somehow missed the mark along the way. Often times, the answers lie in that quiet space but if we're too busy pressing for an immediate answer, we push out and miss what otherwise could have been. I think I now get it. Beautiful things will happen when we're willing to be patient and give into the space that must exist for God's greatest works to be done.

"But if we look forward to something we don't have yet, we must wait patiently and confidently" – Romans 8:25


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment