Monday, October 31, 2011

Be Ready For The Blessings

I was flipping through the channels the other night when I stumbled upon a new show hosted by Oprah on her OWN network. I can’t recall the name of the show but in true Oprah style, she said something within minutes of my tuning in that reached deep within.

“You have to be ready for the blessing when it shows up”. I felt her words reach deep to my core but wasn’t exactly sure what they meant. As I thought about it, I realized exactly what she meant and how timely it was for me to hear these very words. We’re often so busy planning ahead and looking towards our future that we don’t even recognize the blessings that are right in front of us each and every day. We keep moving forward failing to acknowledge the now and the blessings of the moment. The blessings continue to show up but we’re not ready or more likely, we’re not living in the moment to fully appreciate those blessings. We don’t expect the blessings so we don’t prepare for them.

The Bible has shown us that God has a multitude of blessings in store for us but we need to be fully aware and ready for them to show up. This doesn’t mean standing still and waiting for them to fall into our lap but rather being aware and thanking God for all those little blessings he sends our way each and every day!


And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work.” - 2 Corinthians 9:8

No comments:

Post a Comment